LaxerScape

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LaxerScape

LaxerScape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better staff. Better Members. Best Gaming

Welcome to Laxer-Scape the #1 RSPS.
Please register here on the website.
Please read the rules and download the client before playing.

+4
mini tank8
Coolstill
king skater
twatlover
8 posters

Custom G.E.

twatlover
    twatlover
    Group: Donator

Custom G.E. Empty Custom G.E.

Post  twatlover Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:15 am

Something that would be very useful to many of the players would be a G.E. sort of system. I've noticed that many people buy things or have things that they regret buying or don't want. It's already hard enough to make a lot of money and I often times see people moaning and groaning about the items they have but can't sell and the limited amount of money they have. What I'm proposing is a system, sort of like the G.E., that any player can buy and sell items for any amount of money they'd like. For example, someone has an armadyl godsword they have but don't want, but maybe someone else does. They can go into the "G.E. system" and post their armadyl godsword for as little money or as much money as they'd like. Then, people can browse the items that people are selling or buying whenever they want without both the buyer and the seller being online. Basically the only difference between my idea and the real G.E. is that the real G.E. has fixed prices and this system will not.
    king skater
    king skater
    Group: Owner

Custom G.E. Empty Re: Custom G.E.

Post  king skater Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:21 am

Ehh it's a good idea but it would take some time to code. Maybe sometime in the future I will try to add it.
    Coolstill
    Coolstill

Post  Coolstill Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 am

Personally I think the G.E screwed up the real game...
    I would prefer a general store, say you buy a 500m Gold Putter and don't want it, sell to the general store for say 300m and someone else could get a deal and buy it for 100m less then Carols store.

Personally I think a general store would work better, and Matt was working on that already I believe
    mini tank8
    mini tank8
    Group: Member

Post  mini tank8 Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 am

Wow that would be awesome but if the ge had unlimited stock of every item but for a price and you could sell the item straight away that would be the best update ever!
    king skater
    king skater

Post  king skater Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Coolstill wrote:Personally I think the G.E screwed up the real game...
    I would prefer a general store, say you buy a 500m Gold Putter and don't want it, sell to the general store for say 300m and someone else could get a deal and buy it for 100m less then Carols store.

Personally I think a general store would work better, and Matt was working on that already I believe

What screwed up the real game for me was the pking update. I thought the G.E was a really good update to the game. But I have no idea how to even start to code it in. So we will probably just have a general store.
    twatlover
    twatlover

Post  twatlover Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Yeah, general store would be easier to do and just as helpful. I think the G.E. only screwed up the real game though because you couldn't merch anymore... it would be different on this server as compared to the real game...
    dragonboy56
    dragonboy56
    Group: Forum Moderator

Post  dragonboy56 Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

That would be a cool idea but would be really hard to code. Ill stick with the shops it's alot easier
    mini tank8
    mini tank8

Post  mini tank8 Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 am

I think skater is working out bugs for a ge system ingame as we speak Smile
    Coolstill
    Coolstill

Post  Coolstill Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am

Removing PVP and GE screwed it up for me:\

G.E i what got rid of merching and also made merching clans so only famous people can get rich
    Skillcape
    Skillcape

Post  Skillcape Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Nah G.E is only for pepolse that are 2 lazy to get the things u want.Tho if u try 2 get the things u want u might become more n more active >D
    Ninja
    Ninja
    Group: Graphics

Post  Ninja Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:23 pm

why dont we just say if you bought something you dont want, like the ealier example, say an ags, instead of having a grand exchange you could type "::yell selling ags at home for 300m" or if say the person isnt on that wants it, you could alch it for the coins that you would sell it for to another player, say 300m. dont say anything about an ags for 300m! i just thought that number off the top of my head... so really, you wouldnt need a G.E. when you can basically do the same thing on global chat, or turn into gp and cut out the middle man, whiche would be the grand exchange system suggested.
    Terence
    Terence

Post  Terence Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

All you need is a general store imo for custom items and for other items you can stand and say selling ags!
    Ninja
    Ninja

Post  Ninja Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:18 pm

I started typing an idea and realized you would have to have a supply/demand system for it, just like the G.E. but, i thought about it, and changed it slightly. Instead of asing prices on supply/demand, base them off of how RARE the item is, the SKILL levels required to use it, and how EFFECTIVE it is. so maybe you would have to change the price every week or so depending on how those change (more people get them, more people get high skills, like skills, how many people hit high/low) or incorporate the supply/demand system and update the prices every week or so based on that. But definitely have a secluded area for the Grand Exchanger, which is what i think the general store guy should be named...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:57 am