LaxerScape

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LaxerScape

LaxerScape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better staff. Better Members. Best Gaming

Welcome to Laxer-Scape the #1 RSPS.
Please register here on the website.
Please read the rules and download the client before playing.

3 posters

What's going on with the server? You may ask.

king skater
    king skater
    Group: Owner

What's going on with the server? You may ask. Empty What's going on with the server? You may ask.

Post  king skater Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm

I apologize for the server being down. I was suppose to take the server from Greg because he didn't have any time to deal with the server. But for the past 2-3 weeks I have been extremely busy, having to get up at 4 a.m. every day and not being done with everything until 10 p.m. at the earliest. I only have 30 min - 1 hour, 2 hours max of free time every day, but I just don't really feel like dealing with all this during that time.. and now I have school starting in about a week, AND I still have to figure out how to run a server from this computer, I've tried before but it never worked. So hopefully I can figure it out or use a different one of my computers for it. IF I can find time to figure that out I will set it up and make new mods and admins if the old ones are gone, and a person that I trust will be made Co-Owner. DO NOT post here asking to be mod, admin, etc.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them on this topic.
    Ninja
    Ninja
    Group: Graphics

What's going on with the server? You may ask. Empty Re: What's going on with the server? You may ask.

Post  Ninja Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Estimated time for the server being online?
    king skater
    king skater

What's going on with the server? You may ask. Empty Re: What's going on with the server? You may ask.

Post  king skater Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 am

Umm whenever I have the time to set it up. But hopefully it will be set up within the next week, depending on how busy I am.
    Jonnyboy
    Group: In-Game Moderator
    Group: In-Game Moderator

What's going on with the server? You may ask. Empty Whats up with this? you guys go downhill?

Post  Jonnyboy Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 am

Is the server failing? or what? damn its been a long time.... and gratz on owner Matt.
    Ninja
    Ninja

Post  Ninja Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:05 pm

my understanding, matt "inherited" the server from greg because he didnt have the time to deal with it, and matt is trying to set up the server to host it from his computers, which has failed before?
    king skater
    king skater

Post  king skater Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:27 am

Ninja wrote:my understanding, matt "inherited" the server from greg because he didnt have the time to deal with it, and matt is trying to set up the server to host it from his computers, which has failed before?

Well I'm only trying to run it from 1 of my 4 different computers, but for some reason it's not working on that computer. Why can't I use my other computers? You may ask. Well 1 is an iMac, 1 is a MacBook Air, so I can't really run a server from them. (Yes, I know it is possible to run servers from macs, but I don't want to use them for that). 1 is a custom Alienware computer that I also don't want to run the server from because it is the computer that I use most, and it has all my personal files, etc. so I don't want to risk losing everything if it crashes. My last computer is a laptop that I don't use for anything and I don't care if it crashes. But for some reason it just won't let me run the server from it. I've tried everything I can think of but it just won't work. If I can't figure it out and make it work then I will most likely make my brother co-owner and host it from one of his computers.
    Ninja
    Ninja

Post  Ninja Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:39 am

yep, another one of those mac problems... but seriously good luck getting this back up.
    king skater
    king skater

Post  king skater Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Ninja wrote:yep, another one of those mac problems... but seriously good luck getting this back up.

Theres no problem with the macs. I figured out how to easily run the server from them but I don't want to use them for that. Also if running servers from the iPhone 3Gs is the same as running them from iPod touches, then I might be able to use my old iPhone for it.
    Ninja
    Ninja

Post  Ninja Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Awesome. Gives me a light in the little bleak world of boring.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:58 am